RE: virus: Re:The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 12:34:22 MDT

    [Hermit]
    As for the rest of what you said, I recommend again that you read
    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/crime/windows.htm and consider the
    implications for an online forum.

    [Kalkor]
    Hypothesis: The results of the study in the above url can be applied to our
    online forum with similar results.
    Experimental: Apply similar community policing procedures to our forum and
    observe the results.

    Sounds like we're in the process of this experiment. So far, what are the
    results? Lets treat this like an experiment rather than just "consider the
    implications". It sounds like, as a community, we've already
    1) Considered the implications
    2) Theorized that a similar process would be beneficial to the church
    3) Enacted a similar process
    4) Recieved experimental results

    So what are they? Aside from, at least one person, saying "I didn't vote to
    have policemen walking the streets of my town, I don't like seeing them"

    Have we given it enough time to see if the results bear out the hypothesis?
    And if so, what is the conclusion?

    Kalkor