virus: Re:The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 18:05:48 MDT

    [Jonathan Davis] P.S Regarding Elvensage's claims, I also think there is a general sense of unease about these proposals.

    [Hermit] I have noticed five people raise queries and 3 making objections. Given 50+ members of the Congregation and 1600+ members of the CoV, I don't think that you are correct.

    [Mermaid]Maybe the eight care more than the rest out of 50+(which includes an alice bot). Many in the Meridion are rare visitors to the BBS and are mostly from the chatroom. I doubt if some of them are even aware of this controversy considering that only part of the discussion takes place in #virus and the rest in #rats and #hermit(where I am banned, btw...expect me in #rats if you refuse to discuss these issues in #virus...I'll be there...:D)

    [Hermit] [...]and as I don't think we want or need to establish a court system, we have taken the approach of relying on "reputable" members of the congregation, with the interests of the CoV and membership at heart, to interpret these things for us, guided by process which authorises them to do this on our behalf. If you want to change this, I suggest you start writing.

    [Mermaid]We havent decided on this system....yet... How about objecting and discussing instead of (re)writing?

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29437>