virus: Pareidolic Imagery Collection

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan@limbicnutrition.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 03:31:49 MDT

    Pareidolia: Misperception of an ambiguous stimulus as something specific
    (e.g.- seeing Jesus in the burn marks of a tortilla, or the face of
    Satan in the World Trade Center smoke)

    "I have recently uploaded my collection of hundreds of pareidolic images
    (pareidolia / simulacra) for everyone to view. The data includes
    images, articles, bibliographic information and other articles and links
    that I have found relevant to the study of this phenomena."

    http://thefolklorist.com/pareidolia.htm

    I thought this might be of interest to those exploring neuro-psychiatry
    and the neurological basis of religious experiences.

    Regards

    Jonathan