virus: Re:The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 19:40:52 MDT

    [rhinoceros] I don't see it that way, because that would mean I could write a page titled VirusOperation and put the "WikiAccepted" seal on the top, inherited from DisciplinaryProcess, inherited from Disownment.

    [Hermit] You could only do that if your proposed Operations page, was agreed to by the council in discussion (bear in mind that Wiki development is a consensual and cooperative nomicon-like process) and contained no powers or processes that did not already exist. Naturally, none of this would be possible if DavidLucifer were not delegating these powers anyway (As a slightly Luminous chap put it recently, you don't have root on Lucifer).

    [rhinoceros 2]
    But there was no virian council involved in the DisciplinaryProcess document. Only a WikiApproved label on top...

    Ah, I think I get it. You mean Lucifer gave approval for the WikiApproved seal on that document by the sheriff's law, isn't that so?

    [Hermit] Look carefully at the DisownmentPage as it was when voted and at the Sheriffs Rules on the BBS as accepted. Then look again at the Disciplinary process page. You will see that no powers not already provided by the Disownment process and Sheriffs Rules are asserted. The disciplinary process as documented could be implemented totally under the disownment rules, but are intended to provide a clarification and process guidelines and avoid the negative aurora of "Disownment".

    [rhinoceros 2]
    Ah, I see. There has been some swapping between the two documents. But doesn't that create a problem when it happens after a vote? Some could have objections to the use of some particular phrases, for example.

    [rhinoceros] Of course, you are a virian in good standing as well, so your explanation has its weight too.

    [Hermit] Why thank-you.

    [rhinoceros 2]
    Dont mention it :P

    Seriously now, that was supposed to be a tongue in cheek comment on virians with high reputation making the interpretations in the "disciplinary process". Not that I disagree. In many cases it will just have to be so.

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29437>