virus: Re:The List of Lists - Rogues and Princes

From: David Lucifer (david@lucifer.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 11:57:53 MDT

    [Casey] Least decisive? What does that actually mean? That I can't make up my mind about someone? I'd actually say it's appropriate in regards to me not knowing everyone on the Meridion. To me a 5 indicates neutrality; I neither have regard or disregard for those individuals. Many of the people on the Meridion do not post frequently enough for me to warrant me giving them a different ranking. Until they do, I plan to continue giving people a 5.

    [Lucifer] The neutral rating does have two related interpretations: lack of evidence, and balance of evidence. The same is true in Bayesian statistics: if you lack evidence for a hypothesis you give it a probability of 0.5. If you have equal amounts of evidence for and against a hypothesis, you still give it a probability of 0.5.

    ----
    This message was posted by David Lucifer to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29474>