virus: Lost in translation

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 15:38:38 MDT

    This site takes a sentence and (pardon me the expression) babelizes it back and forth through a sequence of 5 languages.

    http://www.tashian.com/multibabel/

    "Language is the source of misunderstandings"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    A sample:

    a cookie is just a cookie, but fig newtons are fruit and cake.
    translates to
    biskuit has expert of biskuit, but Newton von Fig is fruit and hardens.

    What should I try... ah, "The galactic pothealer by philip k dick"

    The second iteration gave "The galactic pothealer by the dick of the philip K"

    The third one gave "The galactic more pothealer by that thickly philip the K"

    And then it started deteriorating until the 10th iteration:

    "Galactic when pothealer of those Philip it more frequents K"

    Bah

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29479>