virus: Re:IRC DiP

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 15:43:04 MDT

    [Erik]
    Why not just have an anonymous nomination, quorum and voting system for booting people? I don't think it would be terribly difficult to come up with a system that we all could agree on.

    [rhinoceros]
    A system that we all could agree on? You'd be surprised... :-/

    Heh.. booting people is the least of our concerns now. In theory it could be done. Have you checked the quorum and voting systems we have now? The worst rating ever is held by someone who has received twelve '1's (1 = "must be banned") out of 44 votes. As a matter of fact, speaking out a problem and dealing with arguments is part of what CoV is about. We could still have a problem with the inveterate deaf, though.

    There is already a vote running about whether the ratings should be secret or visible, and a quite big majority seems to think that they should be all visible. If it remains so, it will probably be implemented by Lucifer soon.

    Should everyone be able to see all the ratings in the reputation system?
    http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=;action=voteResults;idvote=13

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29476>