Re: virus: F**cking USA

From: Kirk Steele (ksteele42@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 15:28:47 MDT

    kirksteele notes that "robpongi" is THE Ginza district in Tokyo where the computer wetdreams of hackers the world over meet the corporate gestations of technology production the world over. It is peopled by the most interesting social demographics on the planet. And as is quite often the case, the source for culture-jamming of this sort.

    In other words: are you SURE Rob Pongi is a person, and not an Avatar for public consumption?

    kirksteele

    rhinoceros <rhinoceros@freemail.gr> wrote:
    [Jonathan Davis]
    From North Korea, unintentionally hilarious? dangerously bigoted?

    http://www.robpongi.com/pages/comboFUCKINGUSAHI.html

    "You are a country of gangs"

    [rhinoceros]
    Apparently, this Rob Pongi guy was shocked by this poorly done, angsty
    and vocal video clip which "they found [...] at the peak of a fearful
    relationship between North Korea and America", made by "North Koreans
    [...] in South Korea [...] and boadcast in a TV news show"

    But what about you Jonathan? Don't you have this kind of guys in the big
    city? We have lots of them in high schools around here, and I can see
    lots of similar things in the States as well, some of them with
    different recipients. The "Fucking USA" theme, in particular, was very
    popular among the young here 15-20 years ago, more so when it was
    forbidden. Why would you find it *dangerously* bigoted or even worth
    mentioning? Did it catch up since last year, when it was "found"? Are
    you interested in discussing group bonding, adolescent angst, how TV
    news shows choose their topics, or what?

    I hope you did not mean to discuss the factual content of that video
    clip... you could find better defended texts for that purpose.