RE: virus: Re:Virian Fitness Boot Camp

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 02:17:51 MDT

    [Blunderov]
    Update then...have to confess that I have been a bit half-hearted about
    the project - eating 'sensibly', taking infrequent advantage of
    opportunities for brisk walking; really more psyching myself up than
    living a discipline. No progress at all on the 'snus'.

    But there is some momentum now. Information from a recent issue of 'Mens
    Health' made it very clear to me that I am in remarkably good health;
    it's remarkable that I am still alive at all. Suddenly I find that the
    motivation to capitalize on this lucky happenstance has snapped into
    sharp, even urgent, focus for me.

    (Did you know that having any Afrikaner ancestry predisposes to twice
    the heart-attack risk of either the Jewish or Indian populations? That
    anyone who has 45 degree angle creases in the lobes of their ears had
    better watch out: these are known as 'coronary ear creases'?)

    So, off to the gym for the very first occasion of this particular
    lifetime. Yep. I up and did it. And managed to work it into some slack
    time in my routine as well, so it's a double win.

    And it was great! Even after a very light workout I felt tremendous. And
    the machines are much more fun too - with onboard computers, some of
    them, so you can play little games in your head to while a way the
    mindless tedium of brute exercise.

    With regard to the Mermaids excellent idea of engaging in some sort of
    mental rehabilitation program too, I have resolved to adopt the study of
    logic as a specific hobby as opposed to occasionally reaching for it as
    an emergency kit.

    And so it was that I happened to find another little known factoid:

    http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes
    <q>
    In 2002, (Sherlock) Holmes was inducted as an honorary fellow of the
    Royal Society of Chemistry-the only fictional character so honored-in
    appreciation of the contributions to forensic investigation.
    </q>
    Best Regards