Re: virus: NOT god proofs, something from 'nothing'

From: LhyR of Chaos (nimbustheme@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 14:15:17 MDT

    yes, that is precisely what the big bang theory argues, but in recent years
    stephen hawking has been striving to get people to stop using the big bang
    theory as a model for how all things came to be. he realized that it is too
    simple of an answer, or rather, that his theory (while a pretty good one)
    was wrong: the big bang was not the source of all things in reality, just
    the source for a lot of it. it does not explain the presence of dark
    matter, as just one example.

    yes it would be a breach in logic to require proof of a negative, but given
    the particular way i view "god", i have my proof. you who are reading this
    agree with me that we are real, correct? you live and act and work and play
    in the real world, right? breathe, sleep, fuck, eat, and shit, just like
    everything else in reality.
    this is my proof there is a god: reality exists. the fact that reality does
    exist can be backed up by empirical data. i'm not trying to support any one
    god from a preexisting religion.
    the catch is that the god i believe exists is a completely irrelevent
    entity: as it does nothing ....with the exception of disprocing its own
    existance to atheists and would-be believers by use of logic models.

    okay. here is a mathmatical paradox to disprove my former statement that
    something cannot come from nothing (hypocrisy, i know, but i'm working on
    untangling this knot in my head)

    zero to the power of itself equals one. i have been flunked from an
    advanced math class in high school for explaining the principle of this to
    my fellow students. anything to the power of zero equals one, because
    *something* was calculated, even though it was infinitely minute. it is
    easier to say one than an infinitely small unit of one. as something is
    calculated when zero is taken to the power of itself, the same infinetly
    small unit occurs. zero can be made to generate one.

    then again, as zero IS, it could be argued that zero isn't nothing. but it
    is a representation of nothing, since it is a representation and not the
    nothing itself, it is something already, just waiting to be turned into
    something else (one).

    then again, perhaps the thing i am thinking about (the lump of energy at the
    begining and end of time, the alpha and the omega) is so far removed from
    the standard preconcepts of what a god is that it is hopeless to try and
    argue its existance. i do not worship anything as i feel such acticities
    are blasphome, but i do consider every moment of my existance to be part of
    a religious journey. my only hope is that i can get this thru...