virus: Dark Matter

From: rick (aperick@centurytel.net)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 01:29:38 MDT

    ["LhyR of Chaos" nimbustheme@hotmail.com] wrote:
    ... that his theory (while a pretty good one) was wrong: the big bang
    was not the source of all things in reality, just the source for a lot
    of it. it does not explain the presence of dark matter, as just one
    example.

    [aperick aperick@centurytel.net] replies:
    wow, I thought that the whole "dark matter" business was now pretty
    universally considered a mistake. I don't have access to my old
    Scientific American Mags at the moment but I seem to recall reading in
    this past year of other possible explanations for the observed behavior
    of 'universal' expansion. I've not always been too impressed with
    Hawking.