RE: virus: on a less serious note...

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 14:49:43 MDT

    [athenonrex]
    aside from this particular instance of name/pet name calling, i was
    curious if i was alone in, directly or indirectly, biblically naming
    someone/something (or, maybe not strictly biblically, perhaps just
    obscure references of some kind...) curious what other people can/have
    come up with...

    [Kalkor]
    My cat's name is Thalia. I chose it because she entertained me on first
    sight. When I walked into the humane society, into the room with all the
    cages, the first thing that hit me was the extreme level of noise that just
    sounded sorrowful, and fearful, and unhappy in general. And there she was,
    sitting about 6" back from her cage wall, in that regal posture cats get,
    sitting on rear haunches with front legs fully extended vertically. As I
    approached the cage, she stood up, stretched langorously, and sauntered over
    to the door. Then she said one thing, "prrrrrrrow?" I was hooked! No
    whining, no crying, with all that noise around her, she seemed unfazed. I
    have not been disappointed; she's a wonderful emotional anchor and buffer.

    Kalkor