Re: virus: Re:Minimum wage

From: LhyR of Chaos (nimbustheme@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 19:41:44 MDT

    >From: "David Lucifer" <david@lucifer.com>
    >To: virus@lucifer.com
    >Subject: virus: Re:Minimum wage
    >Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:08:47 -0600
    >
    >[Mermaid] Sixty-five years ago on this day in 1938, the Federal Minimum
    >Wage went into effect—at .25˘ an hour. Now it's $5.15 an hour.
    >
    >After adjusting for inflation, that's 21% lower than in 1979.
    >
    >[Lucifer] Minimum wage is one of those policies that was created with good
    >intentions but the results are undesirable. Minimum wage should be
    >abolished.

    [Lhyr of Chaos] if there were no min. wage limit, there would be people
    working for spare pocket change. i know of several industries which would
    happily only pay 0.25 cents an hour, or per day. for that matter, more
    industries would spring up which would be renting squares of sidewalk to
    sleep on. while we're at it, why don't we abolish child labor laws so kids
    can go to work whenever they want to.