Re:virus: 'No health benefit' from prayer

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 20:50:42 MDT

    It was a flawed study. Ask any spiritual teacher, psychiatrist, or memetic engineer (same thing AFAIC).

    Prayers don't help the people that are prayed for. Prayers help those who are doing the praying, if at all. And possibly any indirection therof. Prayers asking God to do things don't work. Wheras those asking God to give them strength to do things, often find it.

    Likewise COV helps its members, throug interaction, philisophical inquiry amd community. And the world that we declare, throug our vision and consensus, will be created out of our commitment to COV.

    The purpose of my proposed survey was to measure commitment, inspire commitment. We can create a new religion, as inspiration, through COV.

    And my hypothesis is that the impact of COV, and the fulfillment of its vision, will be proportional to the commitment percentages of its members.

    I'm thinking that will be something like the sum of some function of the commitment percentages of each member squared.

    Distributed networks tend to have squared impact effects.

    One impact measure would be the number of members of COV. Another would be the average commitment levels, as declared by each member.