Re: virus: Re: What does it mean to be me?

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 09:08:07 MST

    I think the proper term is "ego". And is cannot be rejected...even a Buddhist would agree that "rejecting" an ego merely reinforces it.

    The technique is more like "acknowledging" it, recognising it. Then, when you are fully present to the ego, you will see a choice...to create a new one, or to keep the old. In that moment you are using a much larger portion of the brain.

    A practiced Buddhist creates new identities so often that he no longer even notices it.

    Without defenses of ego, synchronicity becomes you guide.