virus: Re: What does it mean to be me?

From: metahuman (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 08:26:58 MST

    Personally, I don't think of myself, as a whole, as 'I' or 'myself.' You does not exist. I see my brain as the dominant entity which is what is "me". The eyes, fingers, hands, legs, etc.--all these parts are tools of the brain to help communicate and act in a perceived, and perhaps, personal world. I do think the mind is capable of creating an entire reality and such is noticed in dreams. I didn't sleep for about 24 hours yesterday, and when I went to sleep, I had no dreams until an hour to waking up. My dream demonstrated various 'scripts' as we can refer to them that control the actions and reactions of entities (people, objects, etc.).

    The barrier we have, as minds, is speech. Language is our barrier for accurate communication which is why the concept of self "is a riddle that still foxes scientists."

    I, you, myself, yourself, ourselves, themselves, self, etc.--these are all words that represent you, your mind, or your thoughts. For example, let's take the first sentence of this message: Personally, I don't think of myself, as a whole, as 'I' or 'myself.'
    I've combined 'I don't think' to refer to 'what I think or am thinking.' 'Personally' is a preventative identifier meaning that others may not think alike and may disagree, and that I may be wrong yet this is an explanation that is acceptable to me. 'Whole' refers to my body which is the container for the tools I--my mind--needs to act and react in this world or possibly its world.

    Language is a barrier because we may not have learned the right words to describe our thoughts. It also may be possible that we are a hive-mind where all of our minds on this planet are communicating behind the guise of self, and we are installed with measures to protect ourselves from knowing this and from knowing at all. Why would this be a protection scheme? If we knew, like actually knew (not perceived), we would all be what Christians call "God". We would be capable of anything and that includes rewriting the 'universe' that we perceive as individual minds or cocreate as a hive-mind.

    Of course, this can't be proven, but it can be shared.

    ----
    This message was posted by metahuman to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29630>