Re: virus: Precaution: rational or irrational?

From: David McFadzean (david@lucifer.com)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 18:31:07 MST

    metahuman wrote:
    > Is precaution rational or irrational?
    >
    > Agnosticism (aka. agnostic atheism, "weak" atheism) is the most
    > rational position to take regarding matters of religion and faith. If

    Skepticism doesn't always lead to taking weak positions on existential
    issues. Like I mentioned in the other thread, most adults are not
    agnostic about Mother Goose for perfectly rational reasons.

    > this is so, then the argument for theism becomes an argument for
    > precautionary measures. If precaution is rational, then is theism as
    > a precautionary measure also rational? Or is the process of
    > precaution rational but not the measure?

    Decision making under uncertainly has been studied extensively.
    I recommend this excellent introduction>> http://tinyurl.com/w5ml