Re:virus: Re: to the students here [prometheus and metahuman]

From: metahuman (v1@metavirus.net)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 23:45:20 MST

    [athenonrex]
    you claimour to your values as a virian, and your self proclaimed title
    of "verbal soldier"...yet you would overlook these considerations? and
    based on what? your convienience? the fact that such rules of engagement
    are not established? please, enlighten me...or at least induldge me by
    explaining this to me.

    [metahuman]
    An explanation isn't necessary. You're reading into too much. However, I do think you misunderstand the current inherence of the Virian Virtues and Sins. There are none of you that inhere these Virtues and Sins on a 24/7 basis. Each of you pick and choose whether or not you want to be Virtuous or Sinful. I learned that from Hermit.

    The problem with the Virtue/Sin system is that they are guidelines. Guidelines are not rules of conduct. They are suggestions. I had proposed before I started MetaVirus that this system be morphed into a constant inherence system where members would strive to always inhere these Virtues and Sins rather than pick and choose when and where to have them.

    [athenonrex]
    succinctly- i'm not trying to stir the shitstorm. i'm merely pointing
    out that a shitstorm has the potential to start brewing here. and over
    what?

    [metahuman]
    Who knows? I could care less. I'm not bothered at all by flame wars. Are any of you that uptight that you are bothered by them? I'll take a Mermaidic stance on "shitstorms" as you dramatically put it: flaming is positive even if the content is negative. We need emotions. Hate, anger, and sarcasm help me think faster, deeper, and more creatively. Due to these benefits, I get into a lot of "dissing" sessions with people of various forums even if I don't consciously try. There are usually people like prometheus who just want to start shit and throw around some ad hominems like hooks trying to catch a few fish to strangle.

    [athenonrex]
    so i have to ask, what
    exactly do you mean by that?

    [metahuman]
    Exactly as the sentence appears. As for relevancy, I have no idea... but it sounded cool nonetheless.

    ----
    This message was posted by metahuman to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29731>