RE: virus: Re:Key Trend: The Decline of Trust

From: Dr Sebby (drsebby@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 02:01:35 MST

    ...you guys realize that much like other arguements over meaning we've had,
    this one too is really just another example of trying to pin down the
    'fuzzy' meanings of words. the english language and its parts arent there
    as absolutes...they are always beset upon by modifiers...which are also
    beset upon modifiers etc. where the buck stops is when the individual says,
    "ok, I decide that 'this' has 'such-and-such' value absolutely (to me)".
    unfortunately, this 'value' will never be a universal truth amongst others.

    ...e.g. --- when i "trust"...it is always regards to the actions of some
    animate subject. so i dont "trust" that the sun will come up, i
    assume...which in this case is merely a calculation (previous experience
    with the sun coming up, understanding of assumed astronomical research(which
    i trust to be competently performed)...and so forth. but that's just
    me...others define "trust" in much more loose terms.

    ...anyhow, i wouldnt think that getting caught up in the fine print
    regarding vague terms is going to ever resolve anything....even if a meaning
    can be agreed upon...the very words within that definition can always be
    challenged as to their meaning. it's more like a consensual
    understanding..which of course means there are no "truths" or absolutes
    therein.

    DrSebby.
    "Courage...and shuffle the cards".