RE: virus: sebby's g/f betrays him!!!

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 04:56:23 MST

    Behalf
    > Of Dr Sebby
    > Sent: 18 December 2003 1044
    > To: virus@lucifer.com
    > Subject: virus: sebby's g/f betrays him!!!
    >

    > ...listen to this; sebby plans big adventure north including visit at
    > monteray aquarium, passing through S.F. and seeing the redwoods.
    followed
    > up by visiting my mother and sister and family in the san juan
    > islands...plenty of shopping and boating etc... and she sidelines me
    for
    > 2
    > or 3 days(a critical amount of time) so she can appease the request of
    her
    > nephew - to go with her to see some stupid nutcracker performance!!!!
    ok,
    > the kids mom(her sis) died a year ago and he's 8...but truly he seems
    > care more about video games and his friends than musicals. in the
    past 10
    > months he and she have gone out of their way to see each other exactly
    > zero
    > times....including turning down 2 of her invitations to visit us here
    > because he was with friends or some such crap. these plans of mine
    are so
    > massive that i am truly truly truly offended and pissed off. im
    seriously
    > considering...sort of already done...breaking up over the matter. i
    mean
    > what if i had kidney surgery planned?....would she cancel on me to go
    > watch
    > a lakers game on tele with the kid? i cant handle this degree of
    > 'sidelining'. am i wrong? i dont think so, but if someone does, pray
    > tell.
    [Blunderov]
    Possibly there is some other underlying issue?

    In my experience, one of the aspects of a brand new relationship is that
    psychological barriers are lowered in order to facilitate the union, but
    as the relationship matures some of them are sometimes re-erected in
    order to re-assert a separate identity.

    One of the wisest things I have ever read in this regard was by a famous
    British divorce lawyer who said that REAL trouble in a relationship
    occurs when the less dominant partner feels compelled to re-assert their
    own identity. It may be that something of the sort is occurring in your
    relationship?

    I hope your problem is resolvable - good partners are hard to come by.

    Best Regards