Re: virus: terraforming mars

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 07:47:58 MST

    I have no reason to trust Bush. Anyone who would put Leon Kass in charge of bioethics is a complete jerk.

    He's gathering votes. Bush is the King of Unfunded Misnomer Mandates.

    His No Child Left Behind Act has hurt schools and lowered funding, his Help America Vote Act has compromised our elections with easily-corruptable electronic balloting systems.

    How fucked will Nasa be if he's allowed to pass some poorly-funded Moon Colonization Act?

    Here's my prediction based on my experience with Bush's past legislation.

    They will be required to suspend all their regular operations and pursue a 20 year plan that will grow to 80 years due to funding shortages.

    No more mars probes, no more smarter, smaller, faster missions. No more AI research for unmanned missions.

    Legitimate scientists that disagree with the administration's agenda will be fired.

    Technology, as a whole, will be set back many years.