RE: virus: Scientology Accused of Sabotaging Expose

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 11:05:17 MST

    [Blunderov] This from about.com
    <q>
    January 07, 2004

    The Church of Scientology, whether in America or elsewhere in the world,
    does not take kindly to criticism. Few organizations do, of course, but
    Scientology is unusual in just how far it will go in order to squelch
    critics and shut down those who have something negative to say about
    them.
    Religion News Blog has a translation of an interesting article that
    appeared in Het Parool, a newspaper in the Netherlands:

    Last November, Network planned to devote a broadcast to Scientology
    after reports in the media about the sect. Scientology is going through
    a deep crisis: believers leave in droves (latest count: 70 of about 150
    active members), a number of internal fraud cases and recently de
    director of de Dutch Scientology Church was fired and replaced by
    foreign Sea Orgs (high-place Scientologist, dressed up as military
    officers).
    Network reporters Frank du Mosch and Jelle Broek-Roelofs (NCRV) found De
    Rijk, among others, ready to contribute to the program. ... De Rijk's
    ex-wife and two daughter are still with Scientology: his daughters are
    following 'courses' at Sea Org in Copenhagen, his ex has a high function
    within the feared Office of Special Affairs (the sect's secret
    service)... He was subsequently approached by his ex-wife. "It was
    suggested to me that if I would withdraw from publicity, I would finally
    be permitted to see my daughters again. Before Christmas even."
    The producers of the program weren't happy because De Rijk was an
    important resource, but the meeting with his daughters never occurred -
    they just strung him along, it seems. De Rijk is evidently a
    "Suppressive Person" now, which means that all Scientologists are
    forbidden from having any contact with him - even family members. What a
    lovely thing to do to families. You have to admire Scientology's
    morality on that score, right?

    De Rijk claims that Scientology is still trying to smear his reputation
    in order to discredit him, but he's determined to go through with the
    expose now. I wish him the best of luck
    </q>

    [Blunderov] Having seen this it seems to be a good moment to mention
    something that has been on my mind for a while: how may we as a church
    support Keith Henson in his struggle against the evil scientologist
    empire?
    That is, if Mr. Henson thinks there is anything constructive we can do.

    I may be under some sort of misapprehension here, but my vague
    understanding is that Mr. Henson has been exiled from his native haunts
    due to some sort of legal fandango perpetrated by these forces of
    unreason.

    Surely a case for ... Supervirus!

    Best Regards