Re: virus: Fair trade?

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 09:18:01 MST

     I say it's perfectly reasonable for consermers and the governments to represent them to express their desire for more detailed labeling of products.

    Rather than mandating minimum prices, we can create a labeling requirement.

    “This product contains genetically modified organisms.”

    “This product was manufactured using indentured servants.”

    I might still buy such coffee, but I think it would provide ample pressure on companies to have decent business practices while allowing consumers to, ultimately, decide.