Re: virus: Global demise of the middle class.

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 08:35:27 MST

    Businesses will always seek consolidation, wealth, and monopolist power. How does this occur? It occurs due to the rule of the few over the many.

    Ultimately, it is democracy and citizen participation in government that is declining. Profit is their purpose and I cannot fault them for being true to their nature.

    Why do we allow so few to rule over so many? Why are we afraid to voice our concerns?

    It is our own weakness, fear and arrogance that, ultimately, is responsible ruling class consolidation and declining middle class.

    We walk in the streets and look at others thinking: I'm smarter than him, she's too attractive for me, he looks like an idiot. We enormous mental effort ranking and judging others and placing ourselves into a very narrow box made of our own evaluations.

    This week I will:

    - talk to strangers about politics
    - invite my friends to join this mailing list
    - tell everyone I know and meet about transhumanism.meetup.com
     and meetup.com in general
    - understand that when someone says “no”, they are rejecting my invitation... not me

    - Erik