virus: Re:Tower of Brahma

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 09:55:43 MST

    hey! the rhino is still alive...

    ok..here is another one..how do you 'arrive' at the solution...

    "can you combine eight 8s with any other mathematical symbols except numbers to represent exactly 1000? you may use addition, subtraction, multiplication, division signs."

    everyone probably knows the answer to this too...these are one of the more popular puzzles...but how do you train your mind to 'arrive' at the solution...its one thing to keep reading it over and over until you can recite it as a party trick to impress..and totally another when the solution and the way to the solution looks clear...it feels as though i am missing out on a 'way of thinking'...of problem solving...

    also...do we really use algebra in our everyday lives? really..do we?

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=29971>