Re: virus: Re:Tower of Brahma

From: Eva-Lise Carlstrom (evalise@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 11:05:57 MST

    --- Mermaid <hidden@lucifer.com> wrote:
    > also...do we really use algebra in our everyday
    > lives? really..do we?

    Humor writer Erma Bombeck claimed, "In real life,
    there is no such thing as algebra."

    My mother heartily agreed, until, as the manager of a
    restaurant, she needed to be able to figure out the
    original bill before tip, when she had the total with
    tip. I showed her how, since this is easy with
    algebra; I don't know how you'd do it otherwise.

    --Eva