RE: virus: A vanity post

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 04:52:35 MST

    From: rhinoceros
    Sent: 11 March 2004 12:33 PM

    A vanity post

    Last Tuesday, I made a couple of posts in the BBS which didn't make it
    to your mailboxes

    Deja vu All Over Again in Haiti
    http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=
    3001

    [Blunderov]<Applauds this post>
    <q>
    I do believe, however that we should always take a look for "the other
    side", facts or claims which never make it to the mainstream media.
    </q>

    It may be that some quasi fascist world leaders have not properly
    appreciated the fact that their near total control of the media has
    slipped away on the tide of the internet, and they may no longer be as
    free to dispense BS as formerly.

    At least for the moment - China seems to have largely squelched the
    'political' net, and is relentlessly prosecuting those who step out of
    line.

    Raining Consciousness
    http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=
    3004

    [Blunderov]<Applauds this post too>
    I agree that the reviewer was very cavalier about this.

    I am convinced that it is the function of the ego to construct a
    COHERENT narrative of the self.

    Have you ever noticed how when a person you know behaves out of
    character, they always misremember the incident in a way that re-accords
    with that character?

    ("What I actually said was...")

    It follows that we will almost never notice this behaviour in ourselves
    - it is what Douglas Adams identified as a 'SEP'; a 'somebody else's'
    problem'.

    The SEP's characteristics are such that you can never actually see one.
    The best that can be done is to sometimes glimpse one in the outer
    periphery of the vision, and even then it is so fleeting that you will
    suspect that it never really existed at all.

    Best Regards