RE: virus: Report: Torture, Degradation, and Horror in Guantanamo

From: Neil Lucock (neil.lucock@zen.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 13:03:57 MST

    On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 13:00, Jonathan Davis wrote:
    > The Daily Mirror is vile as is this suspected Jihadi. He gets zero sympathy
    > from me. If I supported capital punishment I would have like to see he and
    > his ilk executed for treason.

    "Suspected" is not good enough to convict someone in our (UK) laws.

    I suspect that if a collection of US citizens were held in a
    concentration camp and denied their rights the US would be complaining
    quite strongly. (BTW, I take it that "enemy combatants" are those you
    think might fight back when their cultural homeland is invaded. Seems
    harsh to judge someone a traitor when US pilots came here and fought for
    Britain in WW2 under similar circumstances, for which the British people
    were very grateful.)
    Another "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude that confirms that
    many Americans are poorly educated and do not think very deeply about
    things. And you wonder why people dislike the USA? People like yourself
    give America a bad name, even amongst her friends.
    Please think,
    regards,
    Neil