virus: Meet Jesux

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 09:20:25 MST

    Lukian pointed out this web page in #virus :P
    What is amusing is that some serious oline tech sites such as ZDnet seriously announced that it "has been revealed to be a hoax".

    http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Node/4081/

    Jesux (pronounced Hay-sooks) is a new Linux distribution for Christian hackers, schools, families, and churches. There is already a core distribution being prepared, based on RedHat's distribution.

    <snip>

    # default fortune file contains quotes from the scriptures, Augustine, C.S. Lewis, Chuck Swindoll, etc.

    # Login screen has full text to Lord's Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance, with Christian and American symbols

    # Optional technical support and basic counseling services provided by Christian hackers

    # Optionally disable logins on Sunday, the day of rest

    # the "Bourne-Again" shell is already the default; but we like the shell, and we love the name :)

    # qmail replaces sendmail as the standard MTA (sendmail was written by a prominent homosexual)
       * we are considering postfix too, due to popular request

    # Hierarchical user structure, so parents and teachers can easily access children's files without needing to become root

    # No encryption provided; Christians have nothing to hide

    <snip>

    Also, we are seriously considering changing some fundamental OS features. The idea would be that function calls and features suggesting evil and otherwise pagan ideas would be changed.

        * abort(3)
        * kill(1)
        * references to "daemon"

    <snip>

    When will it be out?
    Jesux will be here in late December (hopefully before Jesus arrives :).

    <snip>

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30079>