RE: virus: Re:That hell-bound train

From: Jake Sapiens (every1hz@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 14:00:56 MDT

    We really have torn this game apart pretty well, almost more than it can
    give us. I think Blunderov has made a good point. Something has to give.
    Evolution, especially universal Darwinism, seems to dictate struggle. Our
    ideals of heaven, while abstractly eternal, when actualized can only exist
    as an intermission of some stability in the midst of a greater saga of
    struggle, discontent and change. I think if we ever "figure it all out",
    its only a matter of time until discontent sets in and someone tries to
    change the way things are. Once this happens, unintended consequences
    emerge once again changing the whole game and providing us with a fresh
    need to figure it all out. Stuart Kauffman in his book "Investigations"
    proposes that a major characteristic of life generally from microbes to
    humans, is that over time it increases the universe of possibilities - what
    can happen next - this being the collective effect of billions of organic
    populations increasing their overall fitness. I assert that universal
    Darwinism precludes us from ever controlling everything. Each act of
    control carries unintended consequences however slight, adding to the
    universe that isn't under our control.

    -Jake

    <http://www.lucifer.com/cgi-bin/virus-l>

    --- Jake Sapiens