virus: Don't open that "Fax message"

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 07:56:43 MDT

    I just received a virus infected message from the mailing list, claiming to originate from me. At least that was all I saw in the email headers. The topic was "Fax Message received."

    The virus was in an attached zip file which was password protected (so that the antivirus scanners wouldn't catch it), and the password for opening the zip was in a GIF file. Apparently its target audience was the technically competent but "not very alert" users.

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30205>