Re: virus: A Virian Must-See

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 06:56:01 MDT

    The concept of relationship renewal via memory loss is applicable on a macro level to the transhumanist argument.

    Some would argue that we should “hold off” from developing, and/or that our society should “unlearn” potentially destructive technologies. I liken this ludditism to the erasure of memory.

    The conclusion of the film is that it's a waste of time to try to “unlearn” or “hold back” from your relationships.

    In the case of anti-technologists, I feel the same way.

    In fact, I feel that the fear of technology actually creates and environment of technological abuse - because some people are afraid to share discovery.

    Likewise, the erasure of memory made it more difficult, not less so.