virus: Re:Banality of Evil and Digital Photography

From: Joe Dees (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 17:25:01 MDT

    The Real Picture Show
    Roger L. Simon
    http://rogerlsimon.com/archives/00000951.htm

    I don't often get scoops on this site and there is no reason you should trust me, but I have one today. The following events ... light years beyond what you have seen from our troops in Abu Ghraib... are now in the hands of the new Arab-language Television network Al Ahurra. They are videotapes and, in one grisly case, photographs. These are all acts performed by Saddam's soldiers and police in uniform. I am not sure what Al Ahurra will broadcast, but they will be culled from among the following. I am told that when their people saw these tapes, they were unable to watch them. I can understand why. It is hard for me to type them.

    First, the photoraphs. They are of actual live castrations of Kurds.
    Now, the video tapes:
    Two beheadings, during one of which "Happy Birthday, Saddam" is being sung in Arabic.
    Fingers being cut off one by one from a hand tied to a board.
    People being thrown off four-story buildings, one forced to wear a Superman costume.
    A man scourged ninety-nine times.
    Three different instances of gas poisonings (probably employing different types), including dead babies.

    There may be more. I don't know. I would like to know if any of these torturers is actually in Abu Ghraib right now. Let's hope they were not among those let out. I also would like to know what Senator Kennedy has to say about the moral equivalence of our actions after watching these tapes. And finally, I would like to know why it took so long for these to come out.

    ----
    This message was posted by Joe Dees to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30300>