RE: virus: Re:Banality of Evil and Digital Photography

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 01:28:56 MDT

    Joe Dees
    Sent: 15 May 2004 01:25 AM
    <snip>
    I also would like to know what Senator Kennedy has to say about the moral
    equivalence of our actions after watching these tapes. And finally, I would
    like to know why it took so long for these to come out.
    </snip>

    [Blunderov]The other day on TV I saw a distressed American wailing 'why
    should we be held to different standards than they are?'

    But this is precisely the point of the war, or at least so Bush would have
    us believe, - to bring different, better standards to the benighted Iraqis.

    The Geneva Convention doesn't, AFAIK, make any provisions for 'moral
    equivalence'.

    Best Regards