RE: virus: Nick Berg email I got

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 10:31:05 MDT

    rhinoceros
    Sent: 15 May 2004 04:22 PM

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4431601/

    Avoiding attacking suspected terrorist mastermind
    March 02, 2004

    <snip>
    With Tuesday's attacks, Abu Musab Zarqawi, a Jordanian militant with ties to
    al-Qaida, is now blamed for more than 700 terrorist killings in Iraq. But
    NBC News has learned that long before the war the Bush administration had
    several chances to wipe out his terrorist operation and perhaps kill Zarqawi
    himself - but never pulled the trigger.
    <snip>

    [Blunderov] Fascinating post, which I haven't finished yet, but this quote
    from the above link puzzles me.
    <snip>
    Military officials insist their case for attacking Zarqawi's operation was
    airtight, but the administration feared destroying the terrorist camp in
    Iraq could undercut its case for war against Saddam.
    </snip>

    Apart from the huge irony of 'undercut its case for war against Saddam',
    this seems strange. Would the existence of this Ricin factory not have been
    unequivocal proof of the contention that Saddam had links to al Qaida? And a
    very worthy target not to mention photo opportunity to boot?
    Best Regards