Re:virus: Nick Berg email I got

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 08:21:53 MDT

    [rhinoceros]
    I did some googling on A-Zarqawi when I noticed some weak points in the first CNN story about Nick Berg. The results I got were rather contradictory, so I left them for when they make more sense. Since it was brought up, I am dumping some links here in reverse chronological order:

    Profile: Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
    May 12, 2004

    <snip>
    But some analysts contested the claim, pointing to Mr Zarqawi's historical rivalry with Bin Laden.
    <snip>

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4446084/
    Iraq militants claim al-Zarqawi is dead
    March 04, 2004

    <snip>
    Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in the Sulaimaniyah mountains of northern Iraq “during the American bombing there,” according to a statement circulated in Fallujah this week and signed by the “Leadership of the Allahu Akbar Mujahedeen.”
    <snip>

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4431601/
    Avoiding attacking suspected terrorist mastermind
    March 02, 2004

    <snip>
    With Tuesday’s attacks, Abu Musab Zarqawi, a Jordanian militant with ties to al-Qaida, is now blamed for more than 700 terrorist killings in Iraq. But NBC News has learned that long before the war the Bush administration had several chances to wipe out his terrorist operation and perhaps kill Zarqawi himself — but never pulled the trigger.
    <snip>

    http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/iraq/2004/02/040212-al-zarqawi.htm
    Text from Abu Mus’ab al-Zarqawi Letter
    Coalition Provisional Authority, February 12, 2004

    <snip>
    The Shi`a: [They are] the insurmountable obstacle, the lurking snake, the crafty and malicious scorpion, the spying enemy, and the penetrating venom.
    <snip>

    [rhinoceros]
    In the last one, Al-Zarqwawi is purported to promote sectarian war among Muslims, the Sunites against the Shiites. No such thing happened nor was attempted. Either the document was a forgery or written by an agent provocateur or Al-Zarqawi is/was just plain irrelevant to Iraq.

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30304>