RE: virus: Nick Berg email I got

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 02:31:33 MDT

    ElvenSage
    Sent: 16 May 2004 08:20 AM

    Thank you all for the information. Reading this prompted me to download the
    video and I must admit that there is something very fishy about this. There
    was very little blood, the men in the video did act very western, and there
    was no movement from NB's body at all after the frame jump. His face was in
    the same position as it was before they started to cut him. Also, I'm not
    sure about you all, but the screaming on my video started way before they
    actually started cutting.... something is fishy here.

    ----
    [Blunderov] The soundtrack is apparently dubbed (added afterwards) - highly
    suspicious in its own right. Some opine that the screaming is a woman's
    voice.
    Lest we forget; it is not just America that is involved in the prisoner
    'abuse'.
    http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/story.jsp?story=521760
    <excerpt>
    Regiment in fake photo storm to be charged over death of prisoner
    First criminal prosecutions against UK troops
    By Francis Elliott and Raymond Whitaker
    Soldiers from the Queen's Lancashire Regiment will be charged this week in
    relation to the death of Baha Mousa, an Iraqi hotel receptionist severely
    beaten while in British military custody.
    Around six soldiers from the QLR - the regiment at the centre of the row
    over hoax pictures published in the Daily Mirror - face charges in relation
    to incidents in Iraq. Senior military officials said Geoff Hoon, the
    Secretary of State for Defence, will confirm "within days" the first
    criminal prosecutions against British soldiers since the war began.
    </excerpt>
    IMO it is ridiculous that Rumsfeld is allowed to wriggle free of his direct
    responsibility for these events. It was his decision to send so few troops
    to Iraq, right from the beginning, and in spite of expert advice to the
    contrary.
    From what I have read, the prisons were hopelessly undermanned,
    under-equipped and under-supplied. In one account it is alleged that there
    were 45 soldiers assigned to guard 7000 Iraqi prisoners. Breakouts and
    rioting were daily events at various prisons. The prisoners would throw
    rocks at the guards and the guards would throw the rocks back. (One soldier
    recounted how they, the guards, were forced to swap supplies with the
    prisoners in return for medical supplies for themselves.)
    Due to his ego tripping, Rumsfeld placed his troops in an untenable
    situation and is now prosecuting them for succumbing to a scenario which he
    himself precipitated. Apparently he has the conscience of a crocodile and an
    ego the size of the Ritz.
    With regard to Nick Berg, the only thing that doesn't seem to reek of fraud
    is the fact that Mr. and Mrs. Berg have buried a son.
    I am convinced that this was an act of 'black propaganda'. It didn't need
    even to be a competent one - 'mission accomplished'.
    Best Regards.