virus: Re:Jerusalem Post promotes genocide?

From: Casey (cmanisca@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 21:05:57 MDT

    [Joe]
    They're already in the thrall of a perpetual antisemitic inflammation.

    [Casey]
    Who are "they"? And, I'm assuming when you say antisemite you're taking into account both Jews and Palestinians. They are after all both Semitic people, and both have suffered deaths and injuries among their respective populations.

    [Joe]
    I do not support a position of not caring about collateral damage, and neither does Israel - they target terror kingpins and murderous militants as precisely as they can...
    [Casey]
    Targeted assassinations widely condemned by the United Nations, the EU, and a slew of other countries and governmental bodies.

    [Joe]
    while taking pains and losing lives to avoid killing civilian non-combatants, even while the terrorists exploit this concern (which they view as a weakness) by attempting to surround themselves with human shields at all times...

    [Casey]
    How can you describe them as human shields? Those people are next door neighbors. People who don't know what there neighbor is doing. I'm tired of the security jargon. Palestine is one of the most densely populated areas on this planet. There's no possible way that you, I, or Ahmed to know exactly what all of his neighbors are doing. That's because Palestine is one of the most densely populated areas on the planet. So, when Ahmed and his son are killed in an attack on a Muslim militant, his neighbors become enraged with fury because it's been perpetuated by the Israeli military. So, the cycle is repeated.

    [Joe[
    ...including when they're attacking Israeli civilians. It is the Palestinian terror groups for whom all Jews are not collateral damage, but the primary target, women and children included, and this has been the case for some time now.

    [Casey]
    Have you ever thought that the Palestinians are pissed off because they've lost land that was rightfully theirs? Do you feel Sharon's continued support for the settlements on the West Bank as troubling? And what of a security fence installed that curtails freedom of movement?

    All of these are things I find troubling. I don't think that any of these measures are working. Terrorists adopt new techniques, refine old techniques, and pursue new methodologies to attain their goals. Israel is fermenting hatred in the Palestinians with every misguided action they perform. They're all troubling and Israel, and to a lesser degree, the Palestinians need to sit down and work out an agreement and not pursue an end to this situation unilaterally, as Sharon and his party have.

    Regards,
    Casey

    ----
    This message was posted by Casey to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30303>