virus: Re:Another "Prevention Of Terrorism Act"

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 20:40:57 MDT

    [Blunderov]
    Arundhati Roy is brilliant. I think it was she who coined the phrase 'Bush the Lesser'. My wife pointed out her new book to me, sadly I forget the title, while we were book-browsing before movies the other day.

    In it she pointed out that it is the poor of America who not only fight the war in Iraq but also pay for it by the loss of social services that are cut to finance it. A hugely disproportionate percentage of black people swell the ranks of the army just as they do the prisons. She says that exactly one (1) member of Congress has a child fighting in Iraq.

    [rhinoceros]
    Yes, the phrase was hers. I found it here (with her photos and other stuff)

    http://www.cesr.org/Roy/royspeech.htm

    "George Bush the Lesser went to the extent of saying it would be 'suicidal' for the U.S. not to attack Iraq."

    She has also written a famous novel, "God of Small Things".

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30311>