RE: virus: Re:Jerusalem Post promotes genocide?

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 17:32:57 MDT

    Hi B,

    This is a at worst a dreadful - and extremely rare - mistake by the IDF. If
    this were an attack by the other side, they would have deliberately targeted
    the civilians.

    Am I alone in seeing this important point? Can someone please link to any
    Sun articles about "Palestinians massacre kids" as they did last month by
    rifle but normally do by bomb?

    What is truly terrible is the deliberate slaughter of innocents. This
    however is a tragic accident of war.

    Finally, can I say that those who accuse people who object to Israeli
    actions as anti-Semitic are taking cheap shot. Just like opposition to a
    war does not automatically make one an appeaser or a pacifist.

    Son please do not legitimise anti-Semitism - a form of bigotry equal to
    racism - by implying it is ever justified by the actions of the state of
    Israel. Anti-Semitism refers to Jews everywhere. Opposition to Israel refers
    to the actions of the government of Israel. Lets keep these separate in the
    interests of accuracy and fairness.

    Regards

    Jonathan

    P.S. The skeptic in me wonders if the same people who blow up mosques and
    Iraqi schoolchildren might not have decided to sacrifice a few Palestinian
    children in the interests of propaganda. I will wait for the dust to settle
    before I believe anything (least of all The Sun's reports) especially after
    the so called Jenin Massacre, also widely condemned and hysterically
    denounced, turned out never to have happened.