RE: virus: 'Disturbing' data suggest plot for summer terror

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 15:58:34 MDT

    Joe Dees
    Sent: 26 May 2004 11:03 PM

    [Blunderov]
    I suppose there are things that are not being disclosed but what is one to
    make of the condensed version of this report?

    <q>
    Federal authorities have what one U.S. official described as "credible and
    disturbing" new information

    Law enforcement authorities confirmed last night that the information did
    not include a time or place for a would-be attack, the method of delivery,
    or the suspected terrorist organization involved.

    It was not clear whether the suspected terrorist plot involved members of
    the al Qaeda network, which was responsible for the September 11 attacks on
    the World Trade Center and the Pentagon that killed nearly 3,000 people.

    The U.S. official, who asked not to be identified, said there was "a certain
    level" of collaboration for the intelligence data, but he declined to
    elaborate.

    Mr. Garcia, however, did not say there had been any specific threats,...</q>

    [Blunderov] I hear there has been an increase in 'electronic chatter'. Is
    this what is meant by "credible and disturbing" new information?

    I'm not saying there is no threat. But we all knew that already.

    Best Regards.