Re: virus: Re:Some of Juuko Isohaari's favorite writers and posts

From: Jei (jei@cc.hut.fi)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 14:43:43 MDT

    On Thu, 6 May 2004, rhinoceros wrote:

    > Joe Dees' flood was a misguided and uncalled-for service to the list.
    [...]
    > I register my annoyance with this email flood. The last time Joe Dees
    > did the same thing took us months to stop it.

    I don't see much point to them myself either, especially
    as the source URLs seem to have been removed, making their
    content's integrity questionable, as well and pretty much
    worthless as a reference.

    I always include the sources myself and I don't condone or
    carry all the opinions in the articles myself. I merely post
    them for consideration, discussion, for a fact or a point,
    or for information to relevant lists, acting as the mailman.
    And there's probably millions of them lying around by now.

    I think people in this list generally aspire to "evolve
    higher", and not lie in their holes. Therefore, I personally
    welcome any and all posts, but with references to their
    sources if at all possible.

    If you shoot the messenger, in the long run, you'll just get
    less mail..

    It is a general mistake for people to identify the articles
    and the opinions they represent to their sender/carrier.