RE: virus: War & Peace / Rethinking Iraq

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 04:24:31 MDT

    It is not a catastrophe at all. Saddam was deposed with a tiny loss of life.
    An invading army has after more than a year lost less than 1000 soldiers!

    All over Iraq things have improved significantly and continue to improve.

    One Iran-backed cleric challenged the US and he is being soundly thumped -
    to the point that local Shia are offering him a face-saving deal to submit
    to arrest and trial
    (http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/ny-woalsadr0507,0,6977027.sto
    ry?coll=ny-homepage-big-pix) .

    Meanwhile mostly foreign insurgents are being pummelled in various
    strongholds, nicely concentrated.

    Hand over to the local authorities on June 30th and election in Jan 2005.
    Job done.

    Regards

    Jonathan