Re: virus: Re:Some of Juuko Isohaari's favorite writers and posts

From: Jei (jei@cc.hut.fi)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 13:02:18 MDT

    On Fri, 7 May 2004, Joe Dees wrote:

    > On Thu, 6 May 2004, Joe Dees wrote:

    > > > There have been many bad actions and decisions in US history (the big
    > > > one being Vietnam, which we never should've taken over from the French),
    > > > but the Afghan and Iraqi campaigns are not, in my opinion, two of them.
    > > > I have also already stated that I approved neither of Bush's reactionary
    > > > domestic social policies nor his fiscal irresponsibility; this disproves
    > > > and refutes your claim that I cannot conceive of anything bad about the
    > > > US (by provision of counterfactual evidence). You, however, have never
    > > > had anything whatsoever good to say about either the US or any of its
    > >
    > > (Joe) You neglected to mention a few things: The saving of Europe
    > > thrice (WWI, WWII, Serbia) and soon to be again with Islamofascism The
    > > saving of South Korea The collapse of the Soviet Union
    >
    > Maybe I think we would be better off if America hadn't bombed the shit
    > out of Germany and Europe? Certainly the economy would have been doing
    > much better, now that I think about it. Millions of people would still
    > be alive and we wouldn't have had to pay for all the shit Russians wanted.
    > Yeah, WWII was most likely a disfavor that America did to Europe, from my
    > personal economical point of view.
    >
    > (Joe) Millions more, including many more Jews, Germans, Russians,
    > Britons and Eastern Europeans, would be dead. In the absence of US
    > support, Nazi Germany could have taken Britain or fortressed the French
    > coast and then concentrated its war machine on the Eastern Front with
    > Stalinist Russia, all the time continuing to implement its Final
    > Solution to the Jewish Problem. A more favorable alternative, in your
    > view?

    The jews died anyway. Nobody rescued them. They weren't a IMHO,
    really a concern for America, but a moral excuse.

    Looking at it from my country's (and therefore my "heritage") economic
    point of view, yes. None of those issues really touched us. Russia
    wouldn't have been that much of a problem without the others giving
    trouble, and we wouldn't have had to pay them off.

    It's like being a part of the US is right now is a great thing for you,
    if you end up getting the oil, but being a part of the losing Iraqi/
    Haiti/Venezuelan/whatever side, well, that just sucks, especially
    economically. - And they don't all rise up and shine like germany did,
    even though you seem to attribute Germany's strong economy to the
    "american democracy" installed there. I however doubt that it had that
    much to do with it.

    And is it really that surprising that being on the winning side of the
    war is better for you economically?