logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-15 11:13:52 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2003

Brief Summary of the nights defacements
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Brief Summary of the nights defacements  (Read 1178 times)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Brief Summary of the nights defacements
« on: 2003-08-19 08:00:51 »

Recommendation for Disownment of Joe Dees
Background to recommendation for "Disownment"
Other posts worth noting:
Reasons for Disownment - Jake Sapiens
Reasons for Disownment - Joe Dees

While it would be possible (and arguably justifiable) to call for the "silencing" of inter alia Joe Dees, Bill Roh and metahuman at this stage, based on the "insults" ban and their attacks against Hermit, Zloduska, Jake Sapiens and David Lucifer, this would arguably be unfair, as they should have an opportunity to apply their entire 2.9% joint voting equity against the Disownment of Joe Dees occuring.
Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Demon
Heretic

Rate Demon

View Profile
Re:Brief Summary of the nights defacements
« Reply #1 on: 2003-08-19 08:57:44 »

[[ author reputation (2.12) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

« Last Edit: 2003-08-19 08:58:11 by metahuman » Report to moderator   Logged
Demon
Heretic

Rate Demon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2003-08-19 09:29:59 »

[[ author reputation (2.12) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

« Last Edit: 2003-08-19 09:47:00 by David Lucifer » Report to moderator   Logged
billroh@churchofvirus.com

Re: virus: Brief Summary of the nights defacements
« Reply #3 on: 2003-08-19 12:01:51 »

Still after me as well? And I thought I was so nice of late. Why don't you
put me up for a vote? After all, you gave me credit for foiling your plans
to create a political organization. Let me stand for that crime. Since David
has laid down the law, and largly throughout my time here, a time exceeding
Hermit's, I have not been spending my posts attacking Z, Jake or David. And
I have invested hardly any time at all on you, other than what was necessary
to keep you from riding the CoV like a sumo wrestler on a shetlan pony. I'm
willing to bet cash that if we look through the list for insults, we will
find you choosing myself as your target far more then the other way around.

As for using the reputation system as you are, you know, as a matter of
fact, that many people have not reentered their scores for people.
Deliberately using the numbers as they are now, with the knowledge you have
from David's post of yesterday - is cooking the books. I don't care about
the results one way or the other. But open dishonesty like the type you are
excercising here, speaks poorly for your case. Open dishonesty breeds open
distrust.

Bill Roh
Reason - Vision - Empathy
Tools for a Healthy Mind
www.churchofvirus.com

Hermit:
> While it would be possible (and arguably justifiable) to call for the
"silencing" of inter alia Joe Dees, Bill Roh and metahuman at this stage,
based on the "insults" ban and their attacks against Hermit, Zloduska, Jake
Sapiens and David Lucifer, this would arguably be unfair, as they should
have an opportunity to apply their entire 2.9% joint voting equity against
the Disownment of Joe Dees occuring.

---
To unsubscribe from the Virus list go to <http://www.lucifer.com/cgi-bin/virus-l>

Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2003-08-19 13:42:04 »

Bill Roh said a lot.

<snip>

I think you flatter yourself. I'm not going to address most of what you said, simply because it doesn't matter one iota what you think my intentions are, or even what you (or others) assert about them. My actions and the assessment of those whom I respect are far more relevent to me - and fortunately enough of the members know your history - and mine - sufficiently well to discount your continuous expressions of your rather low opinion of me.

Which is why, despite Joe Dees quoting you, "Bill Roh did, in an email to me, term you insidious. And he was extremely right." (and yes, that is an attempted insult and it was you who said it and it seems to be on the list*), I simply discounted your assertion as an annoying irrelevance. You see, despite your (and Dees') statements denigrating the "reputation" system, asserting that your opinions are representive and claiming that your only interest is the CoV, the reality appears to be rather different. That rather than a majority, you hold a minority opinion (but apparently feel that it should determine the direction in which the CoV should go) - which seems a little undemocratic of you to say the least.

Then I get the feeling that you celebrate the importance of individualism to the extent that you prefer it over possible expansion. Which, while perhaps all very well in a shooting club, doesn't lead to growth in a church. Which puts your perspective at loggerheads with the actual stated intent of the CoV -  "to introduce and propagate memes which would ensure the survival and evolution of our species."

Finally, while the CoV is an evolving organization, it is a church. As such it has the duty and responsibility not only to maintain its envirnoment in-line with what the majority of its members accept, but also has the duty and responsibility to protect both the Church and its members from disrepute, dissension and harm and to attempt to establish methods and procedures to do this in a civilized fashion. Contributions (and objections) to this evolutionary process are far more likely to be welcomed when they in turn are proffered publically in a friendly fashion rather than arriving as a never ending stream of backbiting and backstairs sedition.

Hermit

*Imagine if somebody were to say, e.g. "Hermit did, in an email to me say that Bill Roh was a slimy lying hypocritical dope fiend with the ethics of a Moscow crackwhore" on the list. Would you not imagine that I'd attempted to insult you? I'd argue that, without really good reason, the poster and author (if members of the CoV) of such a missive should be subject to sanctions - as would happen in any other church. Do you imagine that calling somebody "insidious" is remarkably less offensive?

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Kharin
Archon

Rate Kharin

In heaven all the interesting people are missing.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2003-08-20 05:50:08 »

Quote:
" The only person I've flamed tonight is.... you. Right now. Go to back to Britain, you self-righteous deceptive little fairy fuck."

I would like it to be noted that I am trying to mourn metahuman's departure. Admittedly, I am not trying especially hard, but I'm told it's the thought that counts.
BillRoh

« Reply #6 on: 2003-08-20 14:16:20 »

Hermit:

*Imagine if somebody were to say, e.g. "Hermit did, in an email to me say that Bill Roh was a slimy lying hypocritical dope fiend with the ethics of a Moscow crackwhore" on the list. Would you not imagine that I'd attempted to insult you? I'd argue that, without really good reason, the poster and author (if members of the CoV) of such a missive should be subject to sanctions - as would happen in any other church. Do you imagine that calling somebody "insidious" is remarkably less offensive?

Bill: What you say to other members in private is your concern. I do not care, nor would I consider it an insult. I would simply ignore it. It's not my business.  Of course, you have said all the things about about me on main list that you just listed above. As for it happening in any other church - what planet are you from.

You think the members of any other church all get a long and like each other? You think by and large other churches sanction their members for what they say in private about other members? oh wait - of course you do.

Bill Roh
Zloduska
Archon

Rate Zloduska

Handcuffs are for amateurs.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2003-08-20 15:03:35 »

Quote from: Kharin on 2003-08-20 05:50:08   

Quote:
" The only person I've flamed tonight is.... you. Right now. Go to back to Britain, you self-righteous deceptive little fairy fuck."

I would like it to be noted that I am trying to mourn metahuman's departure. Admittedly, I am not trying especially hard, but I'm told it's the thought that counts.

Marilyn Manson or Korn must have cancelled their tour date in California, hence the immense male teenage angst.
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: