virus: Casey cavils

From: Casey Maniscalco (cmanisca@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 16:41:22 MST

[Hermit]
Casey seems to have missed a lot of points (he often does) on his
unannounced return, (should I say welcome back?) and appears to be suffering
from amnesia. Does he really need to be reminded what he said he thought of
Yash at his departure, or was he lying then?

[Casey]
I didn't rescind my remarks. Therefore, I didn't lie.

I merely complimented Yash for his persistence. Whether it is to his
advantage, or not,
does not matter in the slightest bit.

[Hermit]
That said, as touchy-feely people are prone to, Casey tossed some word-bombs
around, without apparently having bothered to think about what his
objectives, effect or consequences might be. Perhaps it would serve him to
cogitate on the following three points, which are all that (from my
perspective, Kirk Steele may disagree) are worth responding to in his
virulent little diatribe.

[Casey]
I'd rather be a touchy feely than a mean-spirited person who is prone to
vicious attacks on other people's character--again Hermit's contention that
I lied proves this . I merely highlighted an observation of mine.

[Hermit]
First, that I am extremely careful not to step out of field - or to delimit
it when I do so. I didn't need to do so in this instance, as I avoided
"diagnosis" despite Casey's assertions. I simply made an analysis of the
words and behavior portrayed by Yash (using his own words to condemn him),
and gave my opinion that this is indicative of a psychological disorder.
Others with more experience in this field (being a patient doesn't count,
Casey) may eventually care to comment.

[Casey]
It still rings of a diagnosis. And, thankfully, my doc says I am fine.
Thank you. =P

[Hermit]
Secondly, name calling - in return for continuous insults - is not only
fair, it is correct. There are no moderators here, and as I refuse to allow
myself to be driven from the list as readily as Casey appears to be, anytime
that an asshole with an agenda becomes unpleasant, this involves fighting
fire with fire. I just try to make sure that I have the better flamethrower.

[Casey]
It sounds as if you have an agenda of your own, Hermit. And, might I remind
you that in previous times others have left the CoV when they felt the
inclination only to return later.

[Hermit]
Thirdly, Casey's assertion that I "go off the handle" at the "slightest
inclinations of religious thought" is in fact, like all of Casey's
assertions incorrect. It is my experience that once "religious thought" is
endorsed by a self-identified rational atheist forum, the quality
deteriorates rapidly. As the CoV can be a nice sandbox, when not cluttered
with lamers, I attempt to discourage religious exercises, but asserting that
I "go off the handle" for any reason is not sustainable. If Casey wants a
forum in which to pursue such matters, may I suggest
alt.chat.brainless.religious.chinless-wonders. I'm sure he would feel
comfortable there.

[Casey]
When were Yash's ideas endorsed? There was no official endorsement that I
was aware of.
He brought up the topic. And wanted to explore it in this forum. You
countered it with intelligent discourse. But, to stoop to the level of
name-calling, as you did reminds me of 3 year olds bickering.

There's a person I know named Hermit, whom I respect greatly and who I
consider a friend, but it sucks when he employs the same tactic as those not
as intelligent as he.

[Hermit]
Finally Casey, I suggest that you ask for an adjustment in your medication.
A moment's thought (never your strongest point I know) before pressing send,
would have shown you that you are guilty of exactly the errors which you are
accusing others of... and giving succor to a fuckwit that I recall you
agreeing was not a particularly nice specimen. Then again, I never believed
that consistency was the hallmark of a touchy-feely mind.

[Casey]
Thanks for the advice and the compliments. I could have sworn in the past
that we agreed on various topics in this forum, ie. various topics on the
Middle East, 9/11, etc. Am I wrong?

Again, I should add, not once did I rescind my previous comments regarding
the topic Yash brought up. If I did rescind my comments, then post them.