RE: virus: Casey cavils

From: Yash (yashk2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 23:14:28 MST

Hmmm,

Casey, I wonder how the following is representative of intelligent
discourse:

1. Repeated quotes from unreliable third parties distorting the source
2. Refusal to give the source material a full read before jumping to
conclusions.
3. Dismissing said source material because of alleged misappropriation and
misuse of same by the third parties in 1.
4. Making an incorrect assumption about Pi chronology not warranted by the
facts (no such chronology or claims to antiquity of the Pi encoding occurs
anywheere in the source material, or my posts).
5. Shifting the burden of proof of 5. onto me when he raised that
(fallacious) point.
6. Refusal to consider the works of Georges Ifrah, a world authority in the
history of mathematics, who shows beyond reasonable doubt, that Indian
mathematicians already had invented the katapayadi system of encoding and
have used it it their works.
7. Refusal to consider the VM system as a valid system for doing fast
mathematics as well as what the author says it is: i.e. a mnemonic tool for
remembering all the techniques.
8. Continuous claims and allusions about my incapacity to think properly
when he does the following together to try to make a (fallacious) point: 2.,
6., 1.

Please (re)consider,

Yash.