Re: virus: The world keeps on spinning...

From: Dr Sebby (drsebby@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 23:22:43 MST

....atthenonrex; i cant help but feel sorry for you. you seem to have gone
to extreme lengths and at great personal cost to you so as to feel that you
are doing your best to fulfill your beliefs. but regardless of how
back-woods-sewin'-my-own-clothes-pirating-corporate-shit-n'buyin'-non-fossil-fuel-generators-etc.
you are, the effects are nothing more than personal. in fact by steering a
course so far outside of "the fold", any objectives you might aspire to will
be more than negated by the fact that the extremely vast majority of people
will see you as such a silly extremist, that being said, what, if any REAL
effect do you think your extreme measures will have in the long run? pretty
much zippo, zilch, nada, rien. you must KNOW this is the case dont you?

...example: if my main objective in life was to eliminate fossil fuel
automobiles...and i was willing to devote my entire life to forwarding this
goal - i can assure you, i'd be driving a car so as to accomplish or advance
this goal. i'd first realize that it's not going to happen anytime soon if
ever...our world is currently structured around it for the most part. so
instead i'd be smart and try to nudge things or affect things towards my
ultimate goal - maybe shift my purpose to the more realistic objective of
reducing gas-guzzling pollution machines or maybe encouraging programs that
will reduce and/or streamline the use of our fossil fuel burning and widely
LOVED automobiles.

...regardless of the merits of your objectives(which im not here to judge at
this time), someone that truly cares would want to see change. your path is
merely a personal notion which you obviously realize has absolutely NO
effect. youre lying to yourself and deep inside you know it. your
'efforts' are somewhat akin to spending one's life aspiring to criminalize
and prosecute all non-vegetarians...IOW banging ones calcium skull against a
5 foot thick wall of titanium. given this last example, the best you might
actually EFFECT could be successful promotion of vegetarian trends or food
options...e.g. slightly reducing people's eagerness to prefer meat over
veggies or some such thing.

...quit wasting your time. it's your own head youre fighting with.

drsebby.