virus: Another newbie

From: Michael Crichton (iconoclast_23@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 15:35:19 MST

Hello all, I'm new to this group, having lurked for about a
month without having time to post. While I've found the actual
content of the posts here amusing, intriguing, and occasionally
enlightening, there's _far_ too much filler, in the form of
excessively quoted material. How is it possible that so many
apparently intelligent people can not know how to trim quoted
material? Most people learn how to do that after their first
week on the internet. For example, you'll note that I'm
carefully _not_ quoting the entire 58k of today's digest post
<subtle hint>.

Anyhoo, I was introduced to this list by Zloduska, a former
roommate and continuing buddy. Any stories she may spread about
me are pure lies, except the ones that make me look good, which
are severely understated. I'm a jack-booted thug... er, make
that "soldier" in the US Army, with a longstanding interest in
philosophical stuff, and a book a day reading habit. I'm also a
card-carrying SubGenius, but as our church encourages heresy, I
don't _think_ "Bob" will smite me for joining another Church's
list.

=====
"Humans always do the most intelligent thing after every stupid alternative has failed." -R. Buckminster Fuller