virus: Re:Faith Schools Latest

From: Richard Ridge (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 03:05:01 MST

[quote]Heh. Consider yourself lucky, Richard. Us Amur\'cans have to deal with Bush\'s damn holy crusade against the evildoers. \"God will aid us in our quest\" my ass.[/quote]

You are of course quite right, Violet; as yet this is a minor issue applying to one school here, and events in the US do put this into perspective. On the other hand, I think the Guardian article I quoted yesterday hit the nail on the head - Blair is deeply religious, but he is also deeply duplicitous. He knows very well that displays of moral rectitude and religious fervour go down with the public as well as a lead balloon. I imagine it annoys him intensely that there is no third way on issues like this (which is how he deals with every other issue - by avoiding them).

The worst for me was listening to a Bishop say that creationism and evolution are compatible - with Genesis apparently showing the course of evolution over seven days. So you see, it\'s nothing more than an argument about timescales really...

[quote]I can\'t tell yet if these games of \"My god is better than your god! Yeah, well my god will beat up your god!\" amuse me or depress me.[/quote]

I know just what you mean ;)

More on this story:

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/publicservices/story/0,11032,667054,00.html

----
This message was posted by Richard Ridge to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=11623>